The Life of C. Rachel Johnson

I am Married to a wonderful man for over five years now named Alex. We have two sons Ricky, Wes, and a boy on they way TJ. We are both from Ohio and have movied back home to Ohio. I have been a chirstian for over 20 years and I am thankful to have God by my side:)

Thursday, July 10, 2008

If it's Not Broken, Don't Fix It ;-)


Well on the 4th Alex and I noticed that Wes's finger was a little swollen. We thought maybe he got a bug bite or something and we'll just watch it since it didn't seem to bother Wes at all. Well on Tuesday his finger was bigger and he cried/screamed when you touched it. Then I remembered that he had a big fall, aka Ricky pushing his little brother as Wes is trying to walk, on Thursday and maybe this was from that fall.

Oh no it might be broken. I called the doctor and as always they got me in a little later. Doctor Gill looked at it and said more less, " Yes it's swollen and the only way I can tell if it's broken or not is to take X-rays of the finger, the nurse will be right in to take them."

My baby is getting his first X-ray at 1, he is so our little Indiana Jones, (it's been our little family joke since his ultra sound because the tec said,"He's just like Indiana Jones whipping that umbilical cord around like Indy's whip, you'll need to keep an eye on this one." How true.;-) ) was my only thought. I talked to Alex about it he was worried about me having to go to the hospital to get it done, but once I told him it would be done there he felt a little better that I didn't have to go driving around a lot and get the boys worried and such.

The nurse came in and said lets go, and we: Wes, Ricky and I, followed her to this little room in the back and another nurse held Wes while the other took the pictures. Well my awesome Wesy just held still they got their two needed pictures on the first try and as soon as he heard them saw we're all done he started to cry for his Mum. The nurse took us back to our room and said, "Doctor Gill will be in soon with the results."

All along, as some as you know Ricky wants to be a baby doctor, was wanting to look at all the doctor equipment and talk to Doctor Gill about him being a baby doctor. So that help the next 5-10 minutes go faster. Finally Doctor Gill came back in. We looked at the X-rays and saw no broken bones. So Doctor Gill said, "It's just a bad sprang just watch it and make sure it doesn't get any bigger."

So it's still swollen but not any bigger, but he's not crying like he was when you touch it so hopefully it will be back to normal soon. So if it's not broken, don't fix it;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home